Newcomer & Settlement Services


The Aylmer Resource Centre follows public health unit guidelines for COVID-19 safety, including sanitizing, social distancing, and masks.

We continue to serve clients by phone, text and e-mail. As of February 16, in-person services are available again, by appointment only. Please call or e-mail to make your appointment.

Services are available Tuesdays-Fridays, 10am-4pm. Phone: 519-765-3020, e-mail: [email protected]

Aylmer Resource Centre
16 Talbot Street East

Phone: 519-765-3020

Settlement Services provides information and referrals to newcomers in the community. We help newcomers adapt and settle into the region. We offer individual sessions or group sessions to support them through the immigration process. While newcomers are our target group, we also provide support for the general public to access wide variety of federal and provincial services.


Settlement Services

Settlement Services helps newcomers transition to life in Canada. The initial couple of years in a new country can be overwhelming.  We can provide the support and cultural understanding to make it easier for the newcomer to access information and services.

Information & Referral – Orientation to Ontario, referral to community services. Provide information on Permanent Residency, Citizenship, Work and Visitor Records to newcomers wishing to settle in Canada.  We can help you find appropriate information about Child Tax Benefits, health, Social Insurance Numbers, Driver licencing and other governmental services.

Family Support – Connecting newcomer families and individuals with appropriate religious, cultural, legal and other local services.

Interpretation – Assist newcomers by interpreting oral or written communication to make information and services more accessible to the English learner and/or low literacy newcomer.

Education – Collaborate with schools to encourage and promote education of both children and adults wishing to continue their education. Partner with schools for inclusive school environments where newcomer children and youth can thrive without losing their ethnic identity.


For Information on Temporary Foreign Worker Program, visit the Foreign Agricultural Resource Management Services website : Home - F.A.R.M.S. (

For information on working in Canada, visit the Government of Canada website: Get a work permit -

 What is it like to be a newcomer to Canada?

We invite you to read the story "Green Bananas," written by one of our Settlement Workers, for insight into the cultural identity of some newcomers and some of their experiences adjusting to life in  Southwestern Ontario.

ImageGreen Bananas Part 1

Green Bananas Part 2

Contact MCS Newcomer Settlement Services

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons

A great work opportunity planting peppers!

For help with your resume and job search contact our employment services staff, 226-210-6800, [email protected]

#letsgetyouhired #AylmerON #CanAmPeppers #agriculture #employmentCanAm Peppers is URGENTLY HIRING for pepper planters! Be part of the food supply chain which is essential! Check the posting for details.
... See MoreSee Less

A great work opportunity planting peppers!

For help with your resume and job search contact our employment services staff, 226-210-6800,

#letsgetyouhired #AylmerON #CanAmPeppers #agriculture #employment

What is a census?

Every 5 years, the Government of Canada does a special survey called a “census.” The census collects information about households in Canada to help with planning important community services like schools, housing, hospitals, roads and job training.

The 2021 Census is here – check your mail. If you receive this form, you much complete it by Tuesday, May 11, 2021.

By law, all residents in Canada must complete the census. This includes Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents, refugee claimants and people with a work or study permit.

Statistics Canada will be mailing families information about the census. The census can be completed online or on paper. It must be completed in English or French.

If you have questions about the census or need help, you can call the Census Helpline at 1-855-340-2021

If you are a newcomer or know a newcomer who needs help with filling out their census forms, you can contact MCS at 519-765-3020.

This video is the Low German (Plautdietsch) translation of the above caption.

#Canada #Census2021
... See MoreSee Less

Load more
Scroll to Top